All women experience changes in their breasts over time. These changes can start to cause sagging breast tissue, flattened breasts, and drooping nipples. Changes such as these can deter women from wearing certain clothing pieces or enjoying themselves because they feel self-conscious. To gain back the youthful contours and firm breasts many women opt to get a breast lift.
The breast lift procedure (mastopexy) helps women to address breasts that are sagging, uneven, or have decreased volume. Women’s breasts change from a variety of reasons. This can be aging, pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, or regular hereditary reasons. The breast lift procedure helps to lift the breasts to a more youthful look. At Cosmetica Plastic Surgery & Anti-Aging we help women to regain the shape, symmetry, and volume in their breasts.
To help women reach their desired looks, our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Vinas will learn about your concerns with the current state of your breasts as well as your goals for the breast lift procedure. This will help Dr. Vinas choose the right type of incision to use for the procedure, he will go over each incision type with you during a consultation.
Each incision has a different purpose for the breast lift procedure. The different incision types are:
- Anchor Incision: This incision is made around the perimeter of the areola (the dark part surrounding the nipple) and continues vertically down from the areola to the crease of the breast, then continues horizontally along the crease. This makes an anchor shape, this incision types helpful for women who have severe sagging of the breasts.
- Keyhole Incision: This incision type is also called a lollipop lift. It is made around the perimeter of the areola and down to the breast crease. It is suitable for women who have a moderate degree of sagging.
- Periareolar Incision: This incision type is also called a donut lift. The incision is made around the perimeter of the areola. It helps women who have mild-to-moderate degrees of sagging.
- Crescent Lift: This incision is made along the upper half of the areola. Then a crescent-shaped piece of skin is removed, and surrounding skin is reattached to the areola. This is typically done in conjunction with an augmentation procedure and is most suitable for women with mild sagging.
- Scarless Lift: These types of procedures are beneficial for women more concerned with volume loss rather than sagging.
If you are unhappy with the look of your breasts, you may think about getting a breast lift. To make sure that this procedure will be beneficial to you, make a consultation appointment with Dr. Vinas. He will examine the current state of your breasts as well as your medical history to ensure that this procedure is ideal for you. Women who undergo this procedure should be in general good health and understand the results they can expect from this procedure.
The second you walk in the staff is so welcoming and professional During the procedure, staff assured my comfort the whole time and was So Wonderful! They were so knowledgeable on the products and services and answered my questions thoroughly Adley was excellent and explained everything step by step This office makes “ getting old” not so bad!
For our patients’ complete comfort, we have different sedation options for this procedure. A mastopexy can be performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. These sedation techniques help to reduce bleeding and any pain or discomfort. The procedure itself will remove excess breast skin and then shift the nipple-areola-complex to a higher position. Depending on the size and shape of your breasts, skin quality, and elasticity the incision and technique used by the doctor will vary patient-to-patient.
At Cosmetica Plastic Surgery & Anti-Aging we want our patients to feel comfortable and informed for each procedure. Our team will provide complete care instructions for each patient to know the steps to take before and after the surgery. After a breast lift procedure, patients will need to wear a compression garment on their chest to minimize swelling and bruising. This garment also helps to keep the healing breasts in place for optimal results. Many patients experience some type of redness and swelling following the surgery, these side effects should subside within a few days. Typically, patients can return to work after a week, but strenuous activity should continue to be limited until approved by a doctor.
If you are feeling self-conscious with the sagging of your breasts, then a breast lift procedure can help to address this concern. To learn more about the breast lift procedure at Cosmetica Plastic Surgery & Anti-Aging, then contact our office. Make an appointment by calling us or filling out an online form and a team member will reach out.